We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies), coarsely broken
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
Preheat oven to 325°F. Finely grind gingersnap cookies in processor (yielding 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups). Add melted butter and salt; process until moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on rimmed baking sheet.
Combine finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and heavy whipping cream in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Whisk egg yolks, egg, sugar, flour, ground black pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Very gradually whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until smooth and blended. Pour chocolate filling into crust.
Bake chocolate tart until filling puffs slightly at edges and center is softly set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to rack. Sprinkle chopped crystallized ginger over top. Cool tart in pan 20 minutes. Gently remove tart pan sides and cool tart completely. DO AHEAD: Chocolate tart can be made 1 day ahead. Cover tart and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Cut tart into thin wedges and serve.